- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Support Children and Young People's Health and Safety
- Engage in personal development in young people’s settings
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
The course is designed for study by distance learning at work or at home. Students receive course manual, assignments and studyguide plus tutor support by mail and email. You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of enrolment. In addition, students of this qualification will need to arrange and undertake a work placement of a minimum of 50 hours during their course
This course provides successful students with a
qualification from TQUK, regulated by Ofqual. TQUK is an Awarding Organisation
recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual)
in England and by the Welsh Government.
This is a competence based
qualification suitable for all roles in schools, including site staff,
administrators etc as well as those who work directly with children and young
people. It seeks to develop the knowledge and understanding that all those
working in a school setting will need and covers areas such as safeguarding, communication
and understanding the school context
Please Note: a work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option.
Students are required to compile a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their learning against each of the assessment criteria of the course. Portfolios are assessed by a tutor. Some portfolio evidence will need to be witnessed by a competent person in the workplace hence students must be employed in school or arrange and complete a work experience placement.
Students may register at any time and have a full year to complete their studies. The course will take around 180 hours of study to compete.
Your study pack is dispatched in full at the time of enrolment and provides all you need to complete your studies:
Comprehensive study notes for each element of the course
Assignment marking & feedback